Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation review




Price: £33.00
Size: 35ml
Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water (Aqua), Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, PEG-12 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Isononyl Isononanoate, Polysilicone-11, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Glyceryl, Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Silk Powder (Serica), Ascorbyl Palmitate, Saccharomyces/Xylinum/Black Tea Ferment, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Potassium Sorbate. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019)


Considering I'm about to purchase this foundation for the third time, I'm surprised I haven't reviewed it sooner but I will admit, I wasn't convinced when I first used it but I'm glad to say my opinion soon changed.

Although my skin gets really oily, in the winter (and sometimes summer), I suffer from dry patches which often look worse when I apply foundation, this was one of the reasons I didn't like this foundation to begin with but now I think it's more a case of keeping the dryness under control with the right moisturisers etc. That being said, it will look cakey if you build it up too much. I would say it's a medium to full coverage foundation but a little goes a long way and can look very natural, although you do need to work quickly with it as it has quite a thick texture that dries fast.

Laura Mercier describes this foundation as 'A long-wearing, rich and luminous oil-free foundation offering full coverage while hydrating and protecting the skin.'

For a foundation with more coverage, I was surprised when it actually diminished the appearance of my pores, I usually find foundations with a fuller coverage make them even more pronounced. I think this may be due to the fact that it's oil-free and where as I usually get really shiny around my T-Zone, it seems to keep it at bay. I have previously only used a foundation brush and my MAC 187 (preferred this) to apply this foundation but I am looking forward to seeing the results when I have applied it with my fingers as this has become my preferred method for applying foundation lately.

I use this in shade Soft Ivory, which is described as 'light ivory/for very fair skin tones', which, I admit, may be a little light for me even though I am usually the lightest shade in all foundations and reading other reviews, it does seem that it comes up quite light in all shades. I would describe the finish as matte with a slight dewiness - something I always look for yet always end up looking more greasy rather than dewy but I am pleased to say it does stay matte throughout the day with the dewiness only increasing ever so slightly.

The only downside to this product is the packaging. I do prefer to have my foundations in a squeezy tube but it can fool you into thinking it has ran out when really, it's just all stuck inside. I tried my best to squeeze it out knowing there would be loads left and I couldn't get anything out. Below shows just exactly how much was left inside when I cut it open and as you can imagine, this lasted ages!



I wouldn't recommend this if you have extremely dry skin but for combination skin like mine that is mostly oily, with the odd dry patch every now and then, I think it's great. I'm not sure why I went off it but it could just replace Jemma Kidd Light As Air Liquid Foundation as my holy grail foundation.

With a rating of 4.8/5 on the Laura Mercier site, I think it speaks for itself.

You can purchase Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation from:
www.lauramercier.com
www.johnlewis.com
www.houseoffraser.co.uk



Personal blog

3 comments:

  1. I'm really getting into Laura Mercier recently. I sometimes also get the dry patches, so I'm not sure if this will work for me, I might try to get a sample first. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many great products to choose from aren't there? Definitely worth getting a sample to see if it does :)

      Delete
  2. looking really something too cool, i mean ingridents use in this product are healthy.
    Biker leather jacket

    ReplyDelete

 

www.3ate4.com