Mini Review- B. Skincare and Make Up Range Exclusive to Superdrug

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A couple of weeks ago I ran out of moisturiser and picked up a couple of products from the new B. range that is exclusive to Superdrug. I thought I would share my initial thoughts on some of the products and update you when I have tried the others out. B. (B is for beautiful) is aimed at women aged 25 to 54 and products come in three 'phases' aimed at different age groups. I have read that B. purposely has no connection to Superdrug on the packaging and is aiming to be a brand in its own right. I have to say, just from looking at the packaging alone, you would not know that it is by Superdrug. It has a high end feel of minimal and clean-reminding me of the likes of Clarins and Elizabeth Arden.

I bought their B. Radiant Rejuvenating Serum (£13.99) and B. Pure Micellar Water (£4.99.) The serum was to replace my moisturiser and I hadn't really used a serum before. I was drawn to it because it has Hyaluronic Acid in and my skin was quite dry so I was hoping to rehydrate my skin. I've been quite impressed, I really like that it doesn't feel heavy at all, yet it's moisturising and I no longer have the dry skin that I had before using this. I didn't realise this in the shop (I was more interested in the Hyaluronic Acid ingridient) but it's 'Phase 2' which isn't actually for my age group. I'm not really bothered by this as I don't tend to buy products that are for specific things such as, anti wrinkle creams etc- I buy more for the ingridients in products. The one thing that I'm not so keen on is that it has a lot of tiny shimmery bits in. If I had seen this in the shop I probably wouldn't have bought it but once I have make up on, I don't think you can actually see it. The last factor is the only downfall for me, otherwise I recommend this product, it's good value for money and at the moment I would buy it again.

I hadn't used a Micellar Water Make Up Remover before and to be honest, I'm not that impressed. I usually use Simple Eye Make Up Remover all over my face and it doesn't smell of anything. I expected the Micellar Water to be the same but it actually has a slight chemical smell to it. It's also not recommended for the eyes and if I was going to switch to a different make up remover, I would want to be able to use it to remove eye make up, too. Having said that, at the moment I am actually using cotton wool pads soaked in the Micellar Water over my eyes for a few minutes to take some of my eye make up off but it does sting slightly. I then double cleanse and usually use a cotton bud soaked in eye make up remover to get rid of any last traces of make up on my lashes, but I can't do this with the Micellar Water as it stings too much. I've also had breakouts on my chin, which I'm not sure if this is from the Micellar Water or not but I think it could be a contributing factor as my chin (my problem area) was fine for a couple of months before using this. Personally, I don't think I will buy this again. It's a great price in comparison to other Micellar Waters I have seen (and is partly why I tried it as it wouldn't be too expensive to keep repurchasing) so it may be worth trying out if you usually use Micellar Water Make Up Removers but it wasn't for me.

When I bought the above, there was an offer on (which I think ends 12th March) of spend over £10 on the B. skincare range, receive a mini kit free. This includes, a mini B. Radiant Rejuvenating Serum, B. Vitalised Eye Cream, B. B Cream, B. Cream Eyeshadow in Golden Sand and a B. Lipstick in Rose Quartz.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So far I have only used the Cream Eyeshadow and the Lipstick (obviously I have a larger size of the serum) and I'm really impressed. The Cream Eyeshadow is quite sheer but also buildable and I love that it hardly creases at all after wearing all day. I also love the colour of the lipstick, it's a beige/pink/coral mix that gives a lovely natural looking colour to the lips. Like the Eyeshadow, it can be worn more sheer or is also buildable. One thing I would say, is that I use a lip balm with the lipstick otherwise it can feel a tiny bit drying. I also think that this is a great little compact kit to pack for a weekend away or travelling as it has everything in that you need. I'm looking forward to trying more products out from the B. range and think it's definitely going to Rival Boot's No.7!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


You can read more about the B. Range on their website here and purchase the products from Superdrug here


12 comments:

  1. excellent points altogether, you just gained a
    brand new reader. What could you suggest in regards to your post that you just made some days
    ago? Any positive?

    my homepage :: Miracle Hydrate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let
    you know a few of the pictures aren't loading correctly. I'm not
    sure why but I think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same results.

    Here is my weblog: Muscle Factor X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right away I am going away to do my breakfast, once having
    my breakfast coming again to read additional news.


    my weblog Weight loss formula

    ReplyDelete
  4. For latest news you have to pay a quick visit the web and on web I found this site as
    a finest web site for most recent updates.

    Take a look at my website: under eye circles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah! I'm really enjoying the template/theme of this site. It's simple, yet effective.
    A lot of times it's hard to get that "perfect balance" between usability and visual appeal. I must say you've done
    a awesome job with this. Also, the blog loads
    super fast for me on Firefox. Superb Blog!

    Here is my blog post; veluminousreview.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for every other informative site. The place else could I get that type
    of information written in such a perfect approach? I've a undertaking that I'm just now operating on, and I've been on the glance out for such info.

    Here is my web blog Automated pay days

    ReplyDelete
  7. My brother recommended I would possibly like this web site.
    He was totally right. This put up actually made
    my day. You can not believe just how so much time
    I had spent for this information! Thank you!

    My web-site Stem Cell Therapy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heya! I understand this is kind of off-topic however I needed to
    ask. Does running a well-established blog such as yours require a large amount of work?
    I'm completely new to operating a blog however I do write in my diary daily. I'd like to start a blog so I can easily share
    my experience and thoughts online. Please let me know if you have
    any kind of ideas or tips for brand new aspiring blog owners.
    Appreciate it!

    My web site Buy Dermajuvinate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the fantastic work!

    My weblog - glass hexagon fish tank

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there everyone, it's my first pay a visit at this site, and paragraph is in fact fruitful in support of me, keep up posting these types of posts.

    Also visit my web-site ├╝bersetzung italienisch deutsch gratis

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the superb work!

    http://startuphaven.co/groups/face-cream/

    Feel free to visit my web blog: Equinox review

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mini - reviews like this are really enjoyable. I hope to see more of these.

    Also visit the Massage Therapist Training HQ.

    ReplyDelete

 

www.3ate4.com