Boots Botanics Ionic Clay Mask Review



Price: £5.49
Size: 100ml
Ingredients: Sea silt (Natural oceanic clay), Aqua (Water), Potassium sorbate, Sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, Salix nigra (Willow) bark extract

Claims:

This mineral-rich ionic mask absorbs excess oil and detoxifies skin.

The oceanic clay exhibits a negative electrical charge, which helps to draw out deep-rooted impurities without overdrying.

Skin is left clearer, softer and smoother.

Willowbark is nature's champion clarifier. Excess sebum, pollution and old skin cells can clog up pores, resulting in shine and blemishes.

The bark of the willow tree is a natural source of salicylic acid which helps to refine skin texture and actively target imperfections.

Our beauty scientists use active plant extracts approved by Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, to bring you beautiful skincare that's proven to work.

We've taken steps to reduce our impact on the planet at every stage in this product's journey.

Formulated without parabens.
People tested.

Formula: Green in colour like most clay masks but a lot runnier than your average clay mask.

Packaging: Simple tube with a clean design and it's also recyclable.

Thoughts: I generally don't like clay masks as they tend to break me out (I know that's the point at first but I can never seem to get past this stage) so I was a bit worried it would break me out. However, I thought I'd give it a go due to it's natural ingridients.
Firstly, I found the mask really runny but I got used to this and I find that it just needs a bit of a shake before you use it. The mask goes on a dark green colour and dries to a light green, so you can see that it is fully dry and pores are darker, which is more than likely the ingridients working. It's recommended to leave on for ten minutes, which I generally do. When it has fully dried, it leaves your face feeling really tight - I quite like this as I feel like it's doing more than just keeping pores clean and I especially notice it around the eye area (I apply it carefully around here) and temples. I find it to crumble slightly when it's dry and it's recommended to "Wipe away excess mask with tissues and rinse well with warm water". Personally, I can't see how tissues would work, it'd just create a big mess. I prefer to use a warm flannel to remove the mask. My skin is a little red after but it doesn't stay like it for long and it's also not sore at all. The tightened feeling lasts for a while, which I like and my skin feels smooth and is definitely less shiny than usual. Thankfully, the thing that I was most worried about hasn't happened...It hasn't made me break out, yet it has helped to keep my skin clear. I will add that I always use La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo (will review soon) after applying the mask, just in case! I've used the mask for a few months now and I still haven't ran out and although it's a fairly small tube, a little goes a long way. I'll definitely be repurchasing!

Pros: Keeps skin clear without drying or breaking you out. Lasts a long time so it's great value for money, especially with the natural ingridients.

Cons: Runny formula but it's not so bad that I won't continue using it!

Would I recommend this product?: I couldn't recommend this mask enough - amazing results and great value for money.

You can purchase Boots Botanics Ionic Clay Mask from: Boots

9 comments:

  1. Whаt i do nοt unԁeгstοod is actually how you're now not actually a lot more smartly-preferred than you may be right now. You're
    vеry intеlligent. You know thuѕ cοnsideгably
    іn terms of this tοpіc, ρroduceԁ me individually believе it from numerous various angles.
    Its like men anԁ women aren't fascinated until it's sоmething to do ωith Laԁу
    gaga! Your indiѵidual stuffs nice. Alwаys maintain іt uр!


    my web blog: Chatroulette website

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty element of content. I just stumbled upon your site and in
    accession capital to claim that I acquire actually loved account your blog posts.
    Any way I'll be subscribing on your augment and even I success you get admission to consistently fast.

    Feel free to visit my website :: Michael Kors Bags

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really loving the theme/design of your weblog. Do you ever run into any
    browser compatibility issues? A number of my blog visitors have complained
    about my website not working correctly in Explorer but
    looks great in Chrome. Do you have any ideas to help fix this problem?



    My website: Abercrombie Bruxelles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good information. Lucky me I recently found your blog
    by chance (stumbleupon). I've saved as a favorite for later!

    my blog regular basis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I knοw this is kіnԁ of off tоpiс but Ι was wοnԁегing whісh blog
    platfoгm aгe yοu using fοr thіs site?
    I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've hаd iѕѕues with hаckеrs and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    my page ... Fettverbrennungsofen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm іѕ аnyone else eхperiencing ρгoblems wіth the pictures on this blog loading?
    I'm trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
    Any respοnses wοulԁ be grеatlу аppreciаted.



    Аlso viѕit mу ωeb pаge; chatroulette users

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just ωant to sаy youг article is as аstounding.

    The clагitу in your pοst is just coοl anԁ і can аsѕume you are
    an eхpeгt on thiѕ subject.
    Well with уouг permiѕsіon allow me
    to gгаb уour RSЅ feed tо keеp updated ωith
    forthcomіng post. Τhаnks a million аnd please carry on the grаtifying work.


    Feеl frеe tο surf to my ωeb pаge; verdopple deine dates

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful sitе you have here but I wаs cuгious if уou knew
    of any forums that сοѵеr
    thе same topiсѕ ԁiscussed hеге?

    I'd really like to be a part of community where I can get comments from other experienced individuals that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Kudos!

    Feel free to visit my webpage ... preventing premature ejaculation

    ReplyDelete
  9. i use flock for browѕing the internet and it ѕhowѕ a aleгt fоr this inteгnet sіte гight nοw!


    Also visit my web pagе :: summer dress

    ReplyDelete

 

www.3ate4.com