Liz Earle Eyebright Review



Price: £5.50 for 50ml and £10.75 for 150ml
Size: 50ml also available as 150ml bottle
Ingredients: Aqua (water), Hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, PEG-60 almond glycerides, Glycerin, Decyl glucoside, Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, Euphrasia officinalis (eyebright) extract, Centaurea cyanus (cornflower) flower extract, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic acid, Dehydroacetic acid, Potassium sorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium methylparaben, Polyaminopropyl biguanide, Sodium propylparaben, Citric acid.

Claims: Wake up and revitalise eyes with cotton wool pads soaked in this gentle, soothing herbal lotion.

Non-oily, it is ideal for irritated eyes and suitable for contact lens wearers.

Apply to a cotton wool pad to clean and wake up your eyes first thing.

Naturally active ingredients include eyebright, witch hazel, aloe vera and cornflower to help tone, cool and refresh tired, puffy eyes.

Formula: Although it's a 'lotion', it's more of a liquid compared to what I think of as a lotion.

Packaging: Screw top bottle - great for travelling.

Thoughts: This isn't something I'd have ever bought myself but I received a 50ml bottle as a freebie with a Liz Earle order. I am however, glad I've had the chance to try it.

Eyebright is a soothing lotion made from naturally active ingredients - cornflower, witch hazel and organic aloe vera. As it's a 'lotion', I was expecting something of a thick consistency but it's actually a liquid. This makes it very easy to pour out onto a cotton wool pad and leave to soak on your eyes for 5-10 minutes. Upon applying, it feels really cool and somehow manages to stay really cool in the bottle, even in hot weather. This also makes it nice to use in a hot bath if you have a bit more time and feels relaxing. I haven't used it to take eye make up off as I'm happy with my make up remover and don't use a separate product for my eyes, but I do really like it as more of a 'treatment', I guess. When I remove the cotton pads, I sweep them around the eyes and as the area dries off, it feels as though the skin tightens slightly, which is always a bonus to me!

Having not been something I would have picked out to buy myself and having had the chance to try it, it's something that I will repurchase. It's been especially soothing in the hot weather that the UK has had recently and would be great to take away on a hot holiday. I don't wear contact lenses myself but can imagine that some people's eyes may get a bit irritated after wearing them for long periods, and this would work well for soothing any irritation or puffiness.

Pros: Suitable for contact lens wearers. Available in two sizes.

Cons: The only con for me, is that it states to use within 6 months of opening - it has lasted me much longer than this as you only use a small amount each time.

Would I recommend this product?: Yes. Although perhaps not a neccesity to your routine, it's certainly refreshing and particularly great for soothing your eyes in hot weather.

You can purchase Liz Earle Eye Bright from:
Liz Earle
John Lewis
Selected Boots stores

I can't believe it's taken me so long to write a review of a Liz Earle product! Expect some more Liz Earle reviews in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

www.3ate4.com